Business Integrity Associate, Escalations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Passionate about diving into the world of big data and trends analyses? Interested in solving complex problems that are geared towards improving Facebook and its community's experiences? Excited about learning how to scale and automate processes? Come join Business Integrity at Facebook! The Business Integrity team ensures our platform is a high-quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content.
Facebook is seeking an Escalations Specialist to join Business Integrity Global Escalations team. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. This individual will work to improve the overall user escalations experience for Facebook/Instagram community and will be responsible for working cross-functionally across different internal and external teams to help us intelligently scale our escalations function. He/she will be part of a team that will be optimizing processes, solve challenging problems and most importantly, helping to prevent them in future. This is an exciting opportunity to help drive impact and strengthen user trust with our platform. This position is full-time and is based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Investigate reported escalations across multiple channels on Facebook/Instagram and work with the right internal teams to prepare responses to user/press or partner inquiries
- Implement best-in-class escalations processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity and quality service level agreements
- Use sound judgment, specific knowledge, signals and insights to drive scalable solutions to support Facebook/Instagram and our users
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solve for areas of need with reports, coverage and tool improvements
- Take action on reported content, and remain up to date on key workflow changes, policy updates and operational guidelines
- Review and assess non-traditional reporting flows for high-risk escalations
- Gather, analyze and utilize relevant data and escalation trends to develop improvements to the overall escalation processes and procedures
- Analyze all escalated service requests and collaborate with the cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement to process, policy, product or quality in the interest of improving site and user experience
- Track and analyze escalation performance metrics and SLAs
- Remain calm and operate efficiently when dealing with high-pressure escalations, grey areas
- Some weekend work will be required on a shift basis
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience in online operations, project management or online escalations environment
- Cross-functional and partnership skills
- Ability to communicate
- Problem solving and operational skill sets
- Ability to drive escalations through defined process to resolution
- Conflict management skills, negotiation skills and a sense of urgency
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top