Business Integrity Associate, Data Operations
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Passionate about diving into the world of big data and trends analyses? Interested in solving complex problems that are geared towards improving Facebook and its community’s experiences? Excited about learning how to scale and automate processes? Come join Business Integrity at Facebook!
The Business Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We are further split into the Ads Integrity and Pages +Commerce verticals and together ensure our platform is a high quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies.Our focus on data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren’t afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business. This position is located in our Austin, TX office.
- Develop compelling analyses to execute data-informed initiatives that helps improve our support channels, improve the quality of our ad products and drive great service
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and pull insights to help identify trends & opportunities to drive growth of our product & business
- Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and guide the team’s direction overall
- Conduct in-depth investigations leveraging large and complex data sets
- Partner with Data Science, Product and Engineering teams to solve problems at scale
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and tactics using analysis and impact metrics to support your positions
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field
- 4+ years of Excel and SQL
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl)
- Experience with reporting systems and data pipeline architecture
- 4+ years of initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience resolving and communicating about issues with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced degree
- Experience with statistical analysis, and a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or Stata
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top