Business Development Manager, Connectivity
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to help us execute on our vision to bring affordable connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet. The projects you support will have global scope and you will work closely with our technical teams focusing on new initiatives in connectivity. You will drive innovative programs, push the edge of technology and bring creativity to solving this challenge. The position would be based in Menlo Park.
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights.
- Identify, structure and execute business development partnerships across several product groups and in key target markets.
- Work alongside program managers to develop & install connectivity projects and rollout cutting edge technologies.
- Research the Internet connectivity landscape in target markets.
- Develop deep understanding of markets, economics and participants.
- Meet with local market participants
- Surface the best potential partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of technologies and networks.
- Manage cross-functional teams to identify and creatively solve complex operational, regulatory, and legal issues.
- Ensure project goals are tracked and realized
- Ensure partners meet expectations
- Expand partner relationships
- Coach partners to scale.
- 5+ years of international business development experience
- Ability to travel from 15%-30% depending on project status
- BS or BA Degree
- Engineering, MBA or JD degrees
- Experience writing and negotiating complex agreements/commercial contracts.
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical teams
- Experience in telecommunications or network systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top