Business Development Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to help us conceive and execute partnership strategy and drive our efforts to expand the utility of Facebook's products with partners. You will collaborate closely with Product teams, Partnerships teams, Operations and Legal to nurture and grow new partnership opportunities for Facebook. These opportunities will span the globe and include both SMBs and large enterprises as potential partners.
You have technical expertise, a strategic perspective on both product and partnership development, the ability to negotiate both externally and internally to close a contract, the chops to run a deal, and you bring simplicity to complex issues, not the reverse. You're very familiar with contractual, technical, and financial issues and you can effectively communicate both up and down a management ladder. You are excited by the challenge of structuring custom agreements and new templates for initiatives to create a partner ecosystem around Facebook's products. Additionally, you enjoy a team-oriented environment, working cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Legal teams to develop new ways to drive the growth of Facebook's products.
- Lead customized technical integration agreement structuring and negotiation with our partners in key target markets.
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market.
- Research the technology landscape in target markets, and how these landscapes relate to our product priorities, to choose and sequence the best partners for our products.
- Manage cross-functional teams to identify and creatively solve complex operational, regulatory, and legal issues.
- Supervise and drive decision-making on all agreement mechanics, launch partners post-deal, and transition those partners to the partner management teams.
- Travel, both domestic and international, is likely
- 5+ years of business development experience – we mean fluency in commercial agreements and the ability to negotiate complex agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication and relationship building skills with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers.
- Ability to travel from 10%-30% depending on project status
- BS or BA Degree
- Engineering, MBA or JD degrees
- 10+ years of experience managing and coaching partners, strategizing collaboratively, and structuring and negotiating complex agreements
- Experience with technology products, especially for platform-based software, in a combination of the following roles: business/partnerships development, engineering and/or product management.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top