Business Development Lead, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to lead business development and strategic tech alliances focused on new use cases and ecosystems. As a global platform, it is our responsibility to establish meaningful relationships with key ecosystem stakeholders; and manage C-suite relationships to deliver mutually beneficial products and services. You will grow and mentor a high-performing regional team that works cross-functionally to build new ecosystem partnerships for Facebook. Initially, this team's focus will be on new use cases and business opportunities in the Messaging arena. This is a is full-time role based out of our Singapore office .
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of business development and cross-disciplinary professionals engaged in product-market fit exploration in designated areas
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Facebook strategy in a designated product area and build out a deep understanding of the ecosystem in a designated arena. Identify innovative solutions in the market through expertise on developers' capabilities
- Initiate and lead exploratory talks to drive new business opportunities and product growth initiatives with key developers in designated ecosystems working with product growth, regional partnerships, legal, solutions engineering, and other cross-functional stakeholders as required
- Provide input into Global Programs on our approach to ecosystem strategy with stakeholders in Regional Partnerships, Product Growth, Product Management, Solutions Engineering
- Identify and prioritize developer targets
- become an expert in each developer's organization, business model, and strategic priorities
- Influence developers to develop new solutions and drive new product integration and adoption
- Help define product/market fit requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of solution performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities
- During the exploration phase, serve as ongoing relationship manager for the use cases the team nurtures, helping to identify the potential and mutual value from a partnership with the companies identified. Manage transition plan to regional partnerships when ecosystem is ready to scale
- Represent Facebook in external meetings with senior executives, both internally and externally.
- Track record of business development and forming strategic partnerships
- Proven leader of people.
- Experience in complex, first of their kinds deals with large and small companies
- Proven track record of building and scaling teams
- Experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change in organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against problems and timelines
- Experience developing, negotiating and signing industry leading deals with market share leaders to deliver value to the ecosystem
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities coupled with knowledge of operating principles
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experience engaging with C-level of any developer organization
- Global work and team management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
- MBA or MS Degree or equivalent experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top