Business Communications Manager, Messenger
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for a seasoned Communications Manager to support our growing Business vertical who has experience working with global teams and understands the complexities and nuances of navigating the needs of a fast-paced, highly iterative environment. Messenger as a tool for people and businesses to connect is flourishing with 200,000 developers and 8 billion messages between people and businesses each month on a platform that has over 1.3 billion active users monthly.
Candidates must be clear thinkers, with an appreciation for Messenger as a product for people to communicate with friends, family and businesses. Having knowledge of the global payments industry and social media advertising is a plus. This candidate will also be directly exposed to partners, external and internal executives and product teams.
The position is full-time and is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Directly responsible for proactive campaign planning, reactive response development, spokespeople trainings, and media briefings
- Craft communications strategies and plans to support business objectives
- Deliver our monetization narrative for Messenger advertisers, marketers and businesses
- Deliver our platform narrative for Messenger developers and businesses
- Create both a consumer and business payments narrative that fits into the broader Facebook payments story
- Partner with product and business leads to leverage deep understanding of product and strategy for effective communications strategy
- Execute campaigns that further the Messenger story across the widest media and influencer networks
- Produce briefing documents, presentations and speeches/remarks as needed for external events
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional regional teams across WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook
- Manage agencies to support day-to-day and broader campaign efforts
- Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years of communications experience, includes a minimum of 2 years working with media directly
- Experience working autonomously and as part of a cross-functional global team
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience being responsive to needs of a global team
- Experience working with executives and/or public figures
Back to top