Business Analyst, Workplace
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook is the next generation enterprise communication platform that enables employees at any organization to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook. Launched in 2016, Workplace is growing quickly, with thousands of companies around the world using Workplace. Workplace's mission is to give the world a place to work together.
Workplace is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join the team and provide business analytic strength to an exciting, emerging business within Facebook. The role will be part of the Workplace Operations team, and would entail driving business analytics to inform sales strategy, understand business performance, improve efficiency through automation and enable senior leadership to make effective, analytically driven operating decisions. The Business Analyst will partner with cross-functional stakeholders including Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, Engineering and Business Intelligence to design and deliver analytically driven insights and solutions.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook, have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases and data visualization, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
This is a full-time position and is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Provide business analytic strength to help drive initiatives critical to ongoing growth
- Conduct analysis using internal and external data (e.g. customer, user, revenue, product, market, industry) to derive insights that will drive business decisions
- Understand Enterprise Solutions / SaaS Industry trends, and develop in-depth analyses and vertical-based reporting solutions that provide actionable insights to sales leaders and drive growth of Workplace business
- Analyze regional, country, channel, vertical, and sub-vertical performance and identify levers for driving revenue and user growth
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams globally, assimilating requirements, driving results in the form of data insights and building strategic partnerships
- Support the Workplace team with setting goals/KPIs and with key planning and operational asks
- Focus on process and continuous improvement of core projects through automation and process enhancement
- Conceptualize and build centralized tools (including dashboards) that the Workplace team can use to extract data / insights for daily business management in an automated manner
- Support sales strategies and client recommendations based on analysis of user and customer behavior
- Strategic projects and initiatives: Drive operational excellence through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics)
- 4+ years experience in data analytics
- Experience leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Excel skills and experience in SQL
- Prior experience in data analytics and statistical programming with experience using statistical tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Micro Strategy, etc.
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Communication and presentation skills
- Experience in enterprise solutions / SaaS
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top