Business Analyst, Direct Response Verticals
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Business Analyst to join the Marketing Intelligence team in Dublin, Ireland. The role will offer great opportunity to further expand and develop our Direct Response (DR) insights solutions, i.e., lower funnel/performance metrics. Our team provides scaled insights for clients globally, and partners with key teams within Facebook, including sales, marketing science, products teams, marketing to build the right insights. A successful candidate will have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, thorough understanding of databases and data visualization, the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, be self-sufficient, fast-paced, and have a passion for scaling operations through automation. This is a unique position where you will act as a DR segment expert and partner on providing business-level recommendations, but also operate independently on solving problems and playing with data.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data-mining to tell the story behind numbers and derive actionable insights for Facebook advertisers
- Understand digital media Industry trends, and develop in-depth, vertical-based insights that help drive value for advertisers and higher adoption for Facebook ad products
- Focus on two-three DR verticals in the first half of the year, and then extend insights solutions to other DR verticals next half
- Specialize in DR metrics and lower funnel advertising objectives
- Identify and analyze the most important DR metrics by vertical
- Be able to draw correlations between elements of campaign design, do predictive analysis and be able to articulate implications for clients
- Conceptualize and build dashboards that are simple, visually appealing, yet showcase a powerful story
- Be an expert in designing PowerPoint presentations that are succinct and crisp, with a balance of high-level insights for executives, and a detailed enough view for core teams
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high quality deliverables
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results, yet demonstrate a team-player attitude
- Act as the internal DR expert, yet collaborate effectively with the core team and cross-channels
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing/Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Economics)
- 3+ yearsâ€™ work experience, with 2+ yearsâ€™ of work experience in data analytics
- 2+ yearsâ€™ hand-on experience in SQL
- Prior experience in data analytics and statistical programming with experience in using statistical tools such as R, SAS, SPSS etc
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Micro Strategy etc.
- Experience leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Analytical skills, with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Achieve power-user status on multiple tools
- Communication skills including presentation skills
- Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing/Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Economics)
- Background in consumer Internet and social media
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top