Building Automation Engineer, Data Center Solutions Group
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Building Automation Engineer experienced in the design and construction of critical facilities to become part of our data center engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates. Building and operating reliable and efficient data centers is essential to support the growth of Facebook.
The Data Center Solutions Group (DCSG) focuses on design and execution of complex projects that ranges from major live data center retrofits to new non-standard greenfield data center designs. The team collaborates with all key stakeholders to ensure engineering and design of our data centers incorporate considerations from micro-levels (servers and IT equipment design requirements) to macro-levels (mechanical cooling and power distribution options) to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability of our compute infrastructure. This position is full-time and located in Fremont, California.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define project design criteria and develop Basis of Design (BOD).
- Manage consultants to implement the project through schematic design, design development, to construction documents.
- Manage the design build contractor to ensure the project meet the business and technical needs defined in the BOD.
- Provide construction administrative support to the project manager during construction with tasks including, but not limited to, responding to RFIâ€™s, issuance of technical bulletins, review submittals and shop-drawings, and conducting source inspections at vendor factories.
- Responsible for controls systems strategies, design, specifications, programming, simulation, testing as well as vendor and commissioning oversight.
- Travel to data center sites for engineering studies, mechanical systems audits, startup testing as required.
- Participate in equipment failure or power outage related incident Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA).
- Provide instructions to design consultants, installation contractors, and validate quality of installed works.
- Take ownership and work to achieve the goal with good team spirit.
- Provide solutions to projects under pressure.
- Respond on an as-needed basis to emergencies.
- Review and manage â€as-builtâ€ documentation.
- 5+ years of experience with control system design, development and management.
- Experience working simultaneously on multiple projects, in a team or independently.
- Experience with managing projects and project teams.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and schematics in low voltage and high voltage.
- Knowledge of BACnet protocol to include IP, ETH and MS/TP.
- Knowledge of Modbus protocol to include TCP, and RTU.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems including Direct Evaporative Systems, Chilled Water Systems, Condenser Water Systems, Pump Controls, Glycool/Glycol, AHU units (DX, split, RTU, CRAC, etc.), CRAH Units, Raised Floor Systems, Hot/Cold aisle containment.
- Troubleshooting and analytical experience.
- Cross-discipline knowledge of complete critical facility systems.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of BAS DDC and PLC programming language.
- N+ certification.
- Data center/Critical Facilities experience.
- DCIM understanding and working knowledge.
- Schneider Electric PLC/Unity Pro experience.
- Citect SCADA understanding and working knowledge.
- OPC UA understanding and working knowledge.
- Data center or mission critical design, construction, operations experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Visio, Bluebeam software, FLOTHERM or TileFlow.
Back to top