Building Automation Engineer, Data Center Design
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Building Automation Engineer experienced in the design and construction of Critical Facilities to become part of our Data Center Design Engineering team. Our datacenters are the foundation upon which our software operates. Building and operating reliable and efficient data centers is essential to support the growth of Facebook. The Data Center Design Engineering team collaborates with all key stake-holders to ensure engineering and design of our data centers incorporate considerations from micro-levels (servers and IT equipment design requirements) to macro-levels (mechanical cooling and power distribution options) to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability of our compute infrastructure. This position is full-time and located in Menlo Park, California. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, a proven track record in team management and a strong background in all aspects of Building Automation. A thorough understanding of mechanical systems, electrical systems and IP networking is required. This person shall be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and be a self-starter that can excel with little direction. Must be willing and available to travel up to 35% of year.
- Lead new project control engineering design, quality approval, process control, product evaluation, vendor proposals, evaluate product reliability, automated testing, software, research and development.
- Responsible for controls systems strategies, design, specifications, programming, simulation, testing as well as vendor and commissioning oversight.
- Lead development and initiate standards and methods for processes, control logic and sequences, testing, evaluation, and integration.
- Review BMS change management and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across different disciplines.
- Drive project schedules while working closely with design and construction to ensure milestones and completion dates are on track.
- Travel to datacenter sites for engineering studies, mechanical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning, as required.
- Travel to various equipment and bench testing as well as remotely located design working sessions.
- Respond on an as-needed basis to emergencies.
- 6+ years of experience with control system design, development and management.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects, in a team or independently.
- Previous experience with managing projects and project teams.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Certifications in various control systems.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and psychometrics.
- Understanding of electrical systems and schematics. Low voltage and high voltage.
- Understanding of BACnet protocol to include IP, ETH and MS/TP.
- Understanding of Modbus protocol to include TCP, and RTU.
- Ability to establish working relationships and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Knowledge of Networking Server/Client Workstations.
- AutoCAD and VISIO experience.
- Knowledge of BAS DDC and PLC programming language.
- N+ certification.
- Previous Datacenter/Critical Facilities experience.
- IT and server hardware background.
- DCIM understanding and working knowledge.
- Schneider Electric PLC/Unity Pro experience.
- Citect SCADA understanding and working knowledge.
- OPC UA understanding and working knowledge.
Back to top