Build and Release Engineer, Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Build and Release Engineer who will help the build and release process for all our products. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Build and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems for devices.
- Build web-based tools to monitor and control CI/CD systems.
- Build scripts, tools, and other services to improve developer productivity.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Branching, merging, and running other day-to-day engineering processes.
- Coordinating support activities with infrastructure teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years experience in Build and Release Engineering.
- Experience in Python/PHP/HACK or similar languages, shell scripting, and Make.
- Experience with source code control tools like Git.
Back to top