Brand Marketing Quantitative Researcher
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Marketing team focuses on building Facebook brand presence, improving user sentiment and product education. It is an exciting time at Facebook Marketing because understanding people and connecting them to Facebook and our products (and vice versa) is crucial for future growth. To succeed we need to understand the unique character of each of the world's communities, what Facebook means or could mean to them, and how best to make our technology and communication work for them. We're looking for people with strong quantitative research skills to help in this effort. \We are seeking candidate who is a social scientist with expertise in quantitative research methodologies or a quantitative specialist with experience solving social problems. The ideal candidate will have proven hands-on experience in data manipulation, develop strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing and product teams, be comfortable improvising – with a hunger to make significant business impact with a bias toward action and thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Shape the research agenda and drive research projects from end-to-end to achieve our Brand Marketing objectives
- Collaborate with marketing teams to define relevant questions about user sentiment and engagement
- Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer those questions
- Develop novel approaches where traditional methods won't do
- Collaborate with qualitative researchers as needed and iterate quickly to generate usable insights for marketing and business decisions
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, user growth and engagement, and marketing effectiveness
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations, clearly and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders
- 3+ years of research experience
- Ability to communicate analyses and results to any audience
- Experience in quantitative research methodologies (e.g., questionnaire / survey design, survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis)
- Experience in data manipulation and analysis (R/SAS/Stata, SQL/Hive)
- Master's or Ph.D. in the social sciences (e.g., Psychology, Communication, Sociology, Political Science, Economics), or in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics) with experience answering social questions
- Time management and communication skills
- Experience with Unix, Python, and large datasets (> 1TB)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top