Brain-Computer Interface Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
B8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Technical Project Team has the responsibility for scoping the effort from inception to product, communicating it to others, creating the partnerships necessary to achieve targeted results, and hitting key milestones. B8 seeks an experienced Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) Engineer who will be responsible for working on a 2-year B8 project focused on developing advanced BCI technologies. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a two-year position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Application of machine learning methods, including encoding and decoding models, to neuroimaging and electrophysiological data
- Oversee collaborative research, data management, and software development across a diverse set of external partners including academic and industrial organizations
- Travel to partner sites to review progress and facilitate collaboration
- Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, computer science, electrical engineering, or related quantitative technical field required
- 3+ years of experience with brain-computer interface technologies or other applications or machine learning methods to neuroimaging and/or electrophysiological data
- Ability to work effectively with diverse partners, vendors, and internal teams.
- Knowledge with software engineering and development
- Familiarity with commercial or open source software packages for artificial speech recognition, natural language processing, or computer vision methods
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top