BMS Design Engineer, Data Centers
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Building Automation Engineer experienced in the design and construction of Critical Facilities to become part of our Data Center Engineering team. Our datacenters are the foundation upon which our software operates. Building and operating reliable and efficient data centers is essential to support the growth of Facebook. The Data Center Engineering team collaborates with all key stake-holders to ensure engineering and design of our data centers incorporate considerations from micro-levels (servers and IT equipment design requirements) to macro-levels (mechanical cooling and power distribution options) to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability of our compute infrastructure. This position is full-time and located in Dublin, Ireland. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, a proven track record in team management and a strong background in all aspects of Building Automation. A thorough understanding of mechanical systems, electrical systems and IP networking is strongly desired. This person shall be detail oriented, possess strong organizational skills and be a self-starter that can excel with little direction.
- Lead new project control engineering design, quality approval, process control, product evaluation, vendor proposals, evaluation of product reliability, automated testing, software, research and development.
- This position will be responsible for controls systems strategies, design, specifications, programming, simulation, testing as well as vendor and commissioning oversight.
- Lead development and initiate standards and methods for processes, control logic and sequences, testing, evaluation, and integration.
- Review BMS change management and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across different disciplines.
- Drive project schedules while working closely with design and construction to ensure milestones and completion dates are on track.
- Develop facility and vendor commissioning tests and standards for BAS project training close out efforts.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects, in a team or independently with little to no oversight.
- A BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering is desired. Minimum Requirements
- Previous experience with successfully managing projects and project teams is required.
- Ten years of experience with control system design, development and management is required.
- Strong organizational and communicative skills are required.
- Knowledge of BAS DDC programming language.
- Certifications in various control systems, Alerton strongly desired.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and psychometrics.
- Strong understanding of electrical systems and schematics. Low voltage and high voltage.
- Strong understanding of BACnet protocol to include IP, ETH and MS/TP
- Understanding of Modbus protocol to include TCP, and RTU.
- Ability to establish smooth working relationships and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Knowledge of Networking Server/Client Workstations. N+ certification is desired.
- Previous Datacenter/Critical Facilities experience is desired.
- Strong AutoCAD and VISIO experience is required.
- Strong IT and server hardware background is desired. Support
- Candidate should be able to travel within and outside of the US.
- Candidate must be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a team or independent environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top