Bike, Pedestrian, Circulation Project Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Bike, Pedestrian, Circulation Project Manager, working with several stakeholders both internal and external, is responsible for designing, developing and ensuring that pedestrian and bicycle pathways connecting Facebook buildings and campuses is safe, effective and efficient. This includes new building construction as well as existing buildings that require changes to circulation pathways. The Project Manager is also responsible for ensuring that Facebook has the supporting facilities and services which makes Facebook a bicycle friendly company. The Project Manager is also responsible for working on regional bike pathway connectivity which requires working with multiple counties, cities and public agencies, etc.
- Work with several stakeholders, both internal and external in developing Bike, Pedestrian, Circulation concept drawings that are in line with the overall Master Plan development of the Facebook campus
- Engage with campus expansion and building rehab efforts to ensure appropriate infrastructure is provided for transportation, including bike and walking routes, campus and personal bike parking, wayfinding, and access to trams/shuttles
- Work with local planning and design efforts to create connected, safe, and comfortable routes throughout Menlo Park and adjacent cities
- Attend relevant meetings for new buildings, building rehabs, and other projects that impact transportation within and around MPK
- Represent transportation needs at relevant meetings
- Provide routine status updates to team and supervisor
- Represent Facebook at relevant City meetings, including Bicycle Commission and Transportation Commission
- 7+ years work experience with extensive background in public or private alternative transportation demand management (TDM) required
- Experience in developing, delivering and managing alternative transportation programs is required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service
- Demonstrated career progression in previous roles
- Must have a strategic overview of business and demonstrated ability to work across functional lines
- Ability to analyze financial and operational results and develop process controls to support.
- Budget and vendor management experience
- Communication skills, ability to present in a formal setting
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top