BI Platform Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work on interesting platform engineering projects that optimize the infrastructure and processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on platform automation and building independent tools that centralize BI tool activities, but opportunity for growth is endless when it comes to new ideas that can help our customers use these tools better. You should be willing to eventually lead a small team of BI tool engineers who work with Facebook's internal tool sets on a regular basis.You will be part of the team that supports and maintains BI platforms within Facebook. We use a lot of internal Facebook tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are more complex than you'll find anywhere else and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly.
- Maintain a healthy and highly available BI platform for our upstream users and developers
- Extend the tools with functionality or performance related engineering and deployment automation around the world
- Architect and support BI frameworks
- Scale and maintain large distributed installations of MicroStrategy, Tableau and Metric Insights.
- Optimize systems/software for performance, availability and scalability
- Build strong relationships with customers (internal BI developer groups within Facebook), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for our clients' needs.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in supporting and administering Business Intelligence platforms in a hands-on capacity.
- 1+ years supporting and scaling third party applications such as Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Experience with process automation
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto or other Big Data technologies
- Experience managing applications on Linux and Windows
- Experience interfacing and extending 3rd party APIs such as Tableau or Microstrategy
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top