BI Platform Engineer
BI Platform Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
The BI Platform Engineering team is responsible for architecting and operating BI frameworks. We scale and maintain large and distributed installations of MicroStrategy, Tableau and Metric Insights. Our primary responsibility is to maintain a healthy and highly available BI platform for our upstream users and developers. In this role, we extend the tools with functionality or performance related engineering and deployment automation around the world. We use a lot of internal Facebook tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly.
- You will be part of the team that supports and maintains BI platforms within Facebook. Working in an environment that serves MicroStrategy or Tableau.
- You will be building strong relationships with customers (internal BI developer groups within Facebook), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for Facebook's needs.
- You will get the opportunity to work on interesting platform engineering projects that optimize the infrastructure and processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on platform automation and building independent tools that centralize BI tool activities, but the sky is the limit when it comes to new ideas that can help our customers use these tools better.
- You should be willing to eventually lead a small team of BI tool engineers who work with Facebook's internal tool sets on a regular basis.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or foreign equivalent or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in supporting and administering Business Intelligence platforms in a hands on capacity.
- 2+ years supporting and scaling Tableau or MicroStrategy
- 2+ years experience with UNIX or Windows administration experience.
- 2+ years experience with Python or PHP and git work flow.
- 2+ years experience writing bash or PowerShell scripts
- Bonus: Previous experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto or other Big Data technologies
- Bonus: Previous experience managing applications on Linux and Windows
Back to top