BI Engineer, People Analytics
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our People Analytics team and participate in the design and development of creative and innovative analytics and data visualizations that will help us find, grow, and keep the talented people that make Facebook awesome and an amazing place to work. Ideal candidates will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with data of all shapes and sizes. They will be scrappy, independent, and excited about creating impact alongside a growing team.
- Develop data products and analytics to empower operational and exploratory analyses
- Develop deep understanding of people data model – write queries and manage data transformation to enable analytics and reporting
- Partner with Data Engineering to develop core data sets that empower operational and exploratory analyses
- Help analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on data to build reporting solutions to support various company initiatives
- Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations using d3, Angular.js or equivalent
- Proven track record of using data analyses to impact business or product decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate the results of analyses
- At least 3 years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience
- Demonstrated experience creating dashboards in d3.js, Angular.js or a similar visualization tool
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing R, Python, SPSS or comparable to develop analyses
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Business, or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 2 years experience wrangling production datasets in relational databases (SQL/PLSQL/Hive)
- Experience in HR, Recruiting, or Operational Analytics
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top