BI Engineer Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about data? Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of products that impact the lives of over 800 million people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you! Data and associated analytics play a huge role in the success of Facebook. We have diverse business needs and very large-scale data. This makes it a wonderful and exciting challenge to provide scalable, actionable, reliable and timely data for our company.
In this role, you'll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting edge technology, and get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business and engineering problems, at a scale that few companies can match. You will do so by partnering with (internal) stakeholders/teams and building scalable solutions that provide business critical insights and metrics, while ensuring the best uptime and responsiveness.
This is a full time position based in our office in Singapore.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a business vertical or a group of business verticals.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions.
- Build data expertise, deep understanding of business domain knowledge and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Write SQL queries and manage data transformation to enable analytics and reporting.
- Support project development life cycles through data modeling, transformation, reporting and analytics.
- Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and creative visualizations using in-house tools as well as third party tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, D3.js, HighCharts, etc.
- Automate solutions where appropriate.
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Business Administration, or closely related, or foreign equivalent.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in business intelligence and data warehousing.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in SQL or similar languages. Development experience on large data sets and in at least one scripting language (Python preferred) is a plus.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in MicroStrategy.
- Strong data architecture, data modeling, schema design and effective project management skills.
- Proven experience in leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written fluency in English is a must.
- Experience scaling and managing medium to large teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top