BI Engineer, Business Applications
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Business Applications group is seeking a highly quantitative, driven, and creative engineer for its Business Intelligence team to enable a data driven organization. The BI Engineer will partner with Billing & Revenue, General Accounting & Procurement, Infrastructure, Facilities & Security, and/or Financial Planning& Analysis teams to provide data driven strategic insights that improve Facebook’s enterprise operations and cross-functional processes. The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field with experience in business intelligence tools, large data stores, SQL, and data modeling. You must be scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product.
- Manage reporting/dashboard plans for a product or a group of products
- Interface with engineers, product managers and business analysts to understand data, reporting and analytical needs
- Drive sessions with various business users to translate requirements
- Design, develop, test, and launch new reports and dashboards into production
- Help analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on massive amounts of data captured daily to build reporting solutions to support various company initiatives
- Work closely with BI and business colleagues to improve operations through the appropriate use of BI platforms and information collected through dashboards and reports
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components
- Integrate external reporting solutions with internal applications
- Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations
- Automate solutions where appropriate
- Participate in peer design and certification reviews
- Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices
- Provide support to reports and dashboards running in production
- Conduct training sessions
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related technical field
- 2+ years of work experience with reporting and data visualization
- Skills in building custom reports and dashboards with BI tools (ie: Tableau)
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Communication skills in identifying and communicating data driven insights
- Ability to write SQL statements
- Skills in Oracle RDBMS (SQL/PLSQL), MySQL, and OLAP
- Experience with statistical tools such as R
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top