Benefits Operations Program Manager, Financial Benefits
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Benefits Operations Program Manager to assist in supporting the company’s various benefits programs, including but not limited to 401(k), financial education, and health savings accounts. The person in this new role will make an impact supporting the implementation of program and systems changes and manage the day-to-day operations and vendor management for benefit programs. This role will lead projects, process improvement, metrics, and ensure a high touch employee experience. The person in this role will partner closely with the Benefits, Legal, People Tools, Payroll, and HRBP teams.
- Manage and lead financial benefits projects and processes in partnership with our Benefits Finance Manager and vendors from design to implementation, developing scalable solutions and ensuring operational excellence.
- Design and implement effective communication and education strategies regarding financial programs.
- Manage vendor relationships on performance and driving improvements in all relevant metrics.
- Drive benefits process improvement activities, including process design, documentation, and training through shared services partner.
- Analyze and develop key metrics for programs and consolidate data/information to present for review with primary stakeholders.
- Manage all IRS and department required testing/audits, ensure required filings, summary plan descriptions, and SARs are up to date.
- Manage the ongoing vendor management and administration of various financial benefit programs, including program analysis and recommendations, communications and HR customer service training
- Represent Benefits team as a subject matter expert in a specific area.
- Drive benefits process improvement activities, including process design, documentation, and training.
- Act as point of contact for data feeds into and out of the Payroll system as well as with benefits vendor systems.
- Manage and escalate system and processing issues and liaise with internal business partners on resolution.
- Run adhoc reports on benefits utilization and help establish metrics for team and ensure performance against metrics is tracked, measured, and posted at least monthly.
- Drive process and system improvements with program.
- Lead cross-functional efforts with vendor and internal stakeholders to improve vendor system functionality/usability, integrations, and data integrity.
- Conduct audits of data to ensure processes and policies are being managed effectively and data quality is improved.
- Manage invoice reconciliation and purchase order creation for new/existing vendors.
- Respond to employee and internal partner inquiries within defined SLAs leveraging Desk.com (http://desk.com/) ticketing system for tracking and measurement.
- Manage content updates to program on Wiki.
- Monitor and respond to Facebook group inquiries.
- Proactively identify and communicate business issues.
- Ensure required filings, summary plan descriptions, and SARs are up to date.
- 5+ years experience in benefits and/or HR operations with focus on 401(k) plans required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively use data to drive recommendations.
- Knowledge of Excel data analysis / manipulation, including pivot tables, V-lookups, and chart creation.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Experience in high tech environment.
- Communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups / locations / vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Prior experience in employee relations or customer service working directly with front line managers, leaders, and employees or HR.
- Experience with vendor management.
- BA/BS degree.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top