Benefit Operations Program Manager - Time Away
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Benefit Operations Program Manager - Time Away, to lead the operational implementation and support for the company's Time Away programs. The person in this role will lead projects, process improvement, metrics, and ensure a high touch employee experience. The person in this role will partner closely with Benefits, Accommodations, Legal, People Tools, Payroll, and HRBP teams.
- Lead Benefits specific projects, including project development, launch, execution, performance, control, and close.
- Analyze trends with programs and consolidate data/information to present for review with primary stakeholders and drive decisions based on data.
- Represent Benefits team as a subject matter expert in Time Away programs.
- Manage day-to-day support for Time Away programs including Absence Management, Workers' Compensation and Leave Programs, Escalations, and Employee Experience.
- Drive benefits process improvements activities, including process design, documentation, and training.
- Act as point of contact for data feeds into and out of the Payroll system as well as with benefits vendor systems.
- Point of contact for governance/compliance/audit activities including business continuity.
- Manage and escalate system and processing issues and liaise with internal business partners on resolution.
- Run adhoc reports on benefits utilization and help establish metrics for team. Ensure performance targets against metrics are tracked, measured, and posted monthly, or as needed.
- Drive process and system improvements with program.
- Lead cross-functional efforts with vendor and internal stakeholders to improve vendor system functionality/usability, integrations, and data integrity.
- Conduct audits of data to ensure processes and policies are being managed and data quality is improved.
- Leverage best practices from industry in influencing and driving operational improvements.
- Make recommendations on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential improvements.
- Manage invoice reconciliation and purchase order creation for new/existing vendors.
- Respond to employee and internal partner inquiries within defined SLAs leveraging CRM ticketing system for tracking and measurement.
- Partner with content team for updates to program on HR portal.
- Monitor and respond to Facebook group inquiries.
- Identify and communicate business issues.
- Lead quarterly business reviews with key internal benefits stakeholders on program effectiveness.
- Ensure required filings, summary plan descriptions, and SARs are up to date.
- 6+ years experience in benefits and/or HR operations with focus on benefits.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use data to drive recommendations.
- Project management and process improvement background.
- Communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and lead multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups/locations/vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Experience using Excel data analysis/manipulation, including pivot tables, V-lookups, and chart creation.
- Experience using PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.
- BA/BS degree.
- Prior experience in leave administration working directly with front line managers, leaders, and employees or HR.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Experience in high tech environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top