Battery Technical Program Manager (TPM)
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Battery Technical Program Manager (TPM) at AR/VR/Portal, you will lead multidisciplinary programs through the product development process to develop custom and semi-custom Battery modules/systems to drive our industry-leading AR/VR/Portal systems. You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, manage program schedules, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders. We look for program managers who are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- As part of the Battery team, you will drive and track the investigation, definition and delivery of modules.
- Create development, delivery, and qualification schedules based on system requirements, technical challenges, lead-times and business needs.
- Manage communication within, and between, internal engineering and external vendor teams.
- Assist engineering and sourcing teams with supplier evaluation and selection.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate program statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage delivery of samples and mass production parts for the different builds.
- Organize required face to face on site meeting with vendors.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables, including specifications, design options, and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BS in Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years experience working as a technology development program manager for consumer electronics.
- At least 2 years experience working on Battery projects.
- Understanding of phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Experience with component and module qualification, validation and characterization processes.
- Communication, planning skills, and attention-to-detail.
- Familiarity with program and issue tracking.
- Proven experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
Back to top