Backend Process Integration Engineer
- Cork, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we are developing the future of AR/VR displays. As a backend and assembly process integration engineer, your role will be ownership of key backend process modules for future LED components, scaling them from research to production. You will work closely with internal research teams and external partners and vendors to define requirements and deliverables, schedule and track project progress, and communicate results and status to all stakeholders. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to approach unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity. Flexibility to routinely travel and be open to possible long-term assignment at partner locations is a key requirement of this role.
- Ownership of developing and scaling backend LED and/or CMOS modules internally or at partner facilities worldwide
- Working cross-functionally to define CMOS specifications and test structures
- Formulating and managing project plans at the module level
- Carrying out risk assessments and mitigation
- Working with internal and external partners to specify processes and tools
- Working with the research teams to design and implement experimental work flows and products
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments
- Key team member driving technology transfer, new technology introductions, yield improvements, and cycle time reductions
- Travel to different locations and partners
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in industrial semiconductor backend process development and/or integration, preferably in the CMOS or LED fields
- 5+ years experience in at least one of following areas: electrochemical deposition, 3D ICs, integration of heterogeneous materials
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing methods and materials
- Statistical analysis skills, proficient in JMP, Matlab, SQL etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Advanced degree (M.S. or PhD) in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related fields
- Both silicon and compound semiconductor processing and integration knowledge
- Proven technical aptitude in cross-functional and multi-site situations, ideally involving intra-site technology transfer
- Programming and/or scripting experience
- Familiar with other complementary areas such as reliability testing, packaging, thermomechanical modeling, etc.
Back to top