Backbone Tools Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's global network comprised of cutting-edge platforms is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Backbone Engineering team focused on IP/MPLS Core technologies. This team is responsible for Planning, designing, implementing and supporting one of the world's largest and most complex networks. In the Network Engineer role , you will be in charge of designing and implementing how we build, model, analyze and monitor Facebook's current backbone and optical network. You will work closely with other engineers with a wide variety of deep technical expertise in IP and Optical networking to drive forward new designs and building associated software systems as we move towards building intelligent networks. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo park office.
- Work with other team members and groups to develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations
- Build Software Infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis, aid in capacity planning and architecture change analysis.
- Integrate with other systems using Rest APIs, Netconf/Yang and OpenConfig models, evaluate third party solutions, influence vendor solutions and standard adoptions.
- Evaluate deployment architectures and translate them to internal and external requirements/roadmaps
- Contribute to plans and workflows for sustainable growth and performance across all aspects of Facebook's network infrastructure
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Experience with network devices such as routers, switches and concepts of optical DWDM networks.
- Experience with design and implementation of network management systems
- 2+ years of experience in C / C++ and Python
- Experience with ISIS, BGP, MPLS and knowledge of the latest trends in programmability of networks (OpenConfig, NetConf, YANG, etc)
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating system
- Ability to debug issues within custom code
- A passion for developing scalable and optimized software systems
- High aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top