Backbone Sourcing Manager
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
To support the fast growing user community and the new and innovative products that we are making available for our users, we are continually expanding our backbone network infrastructure around the Globe. Our sourcing manager solve some of the most complex network delivery challenges every day. We are looking for a sourcing manager to join our network team in London to support our growing backbone needs. This person will support the EMEA region, and the nature or acquisitions will include leases, dark fiber assets as well construction of new routes where infrastructure currently does not exist. If you are passionate about telecommunications and making the world more connected please send you resume for consideration for this exciting role.
- Manages a portfolio of suppliers in the EMEA region including subsea suppliers to US and Indian Ocean regions.
- Identifies suppliers, negotiates commercial terms, and works with the legal to negotiate and execute suppliers contracts
- Develops supply strategies, including joint build efforts with partner organizations with similar connectivity needs
- Manages performance of the contracts, tracking and ensuring compliance of suppliers with the contract T&Cs. –––
- Renegotiates contract terms as needed. Conducts score card reviews with key suppliers for continuous performance improvements
- Keeps abreast of the telecom wholesale market technological and commercial developments. Represents Facebook network team in conferences and trade shows
- Keeps track of price trends in the market to ensure best in class commercial terms for Facebook
- Works closely with cross functional teams to develop network requirement and acquisition strategies.
- Works closely with finance, to develop budgets, forecasts and long-range investment plans
- Works closely with accounting and accounts payable for accurate processing of supplier invoices and compliance with accounting guidelines
- Participate in streamlining procurement processes through automation
- Generates clear and objective investment analysis and recommendations for investment approvals.
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 7 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years of Sourcing Management or Carrier Relations experience on network related products and services
- Willing to travel
- Prior leadership or management experience is preferred
- Business and technical knowledge of networking, particularly in transport technologies
- Must be able to prepare and present quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis of investment alternatives and recommendations
- Strong cross-functional leadership, organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team and with external partners.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top