Backbone Network Planning, Performance Analyst
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Every day we strive to provide best possible experience to our users that are now numbered in billions, and to make that possible, we have deployed an ultra-high capacity backbone network that spans the globe. We are looking for a Network Performance Analyst to join our Backbone Engineering team to support the expansion of our global network through application of targeted metrics and valuable analysis to ensure we maintain our high performance. This is an ideal role for a Network Performance Analyst that wants to work on a purpose built and ever expending network that touches and changes lives of billions for the better every day.
- Independently seek out problems with how the business is managed, monitored, via KPIs signaling to the organization upon areas of improvement and measurable goals.
- Work with Networking teams to understand scaling constraints and include them into the larger capacity plan.
- Create detection, monitoring, reporting, data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests, simulations and analysis.
- Run capacity experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters of services.
- Determine relevant metrics to collect for service tiers and create models to predict and forecast performance under load.
- Write and review code, develop documentation, build performance management services, plan for capacity and growth.
- Maintain large data repositories and representing data in monitoring dashboards, measuring and tracking KPIs in time.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams throughout Facebook including Infrastructure, Network Sourcing, Procurement, Engineering, Planning, and Operations.
- 3+ years of experience in a technology role.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical data analysis, non-stationary process analysis including knowledge in SQL, R and/or Tableau.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following programming language: R, Python, PHP, C, C++.
Back to top