AV Design & Deployment Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
AV Design & Deployment Engineers at Facebook have a strong foundation in AV/VC infrastructure and event space & studio technology as well as a proven track record of designing, implementing and deploying creative AV/VC solutions. As Facebook's collaboration systems expand in both size and complexity, this position will actively participate in their design and deployment to ensure system and infrastructure reliability. The AV DE will implore best practices and detailed methodologies to improve workflow and performance. They will be involved both in driving the growth of internal collaboration technology and in improving the quality of existing AV/VC systems used globally at Facebook.
- Build awesome collaboration, presentation, and production environments for Facebook from specification and design through to completion.
- Collaborate with peers, users, managers, and internal & external partners to deliver superb AV/VC solutions.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones and deadlines.
- Contribute to the R&D of future Events, Studio, Conference, and Specialty Spaces.
- Innovate and enhance reliability, functionality, and quality of AV/VC systems.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience with typical event/theatre space technologies: Riedel, Grass Valley, Crestron, Christie, etc.
- 5+ years experience in theatre/studio design.
- 3+ years using Computer Aided Drafting software
- 3+ years experience troubleshooting AV/VC, networking and computer systems.
- 3+ years of Cisco/Polycom VC Infrastructure experience.
- 3+ years experience in project management for enterprise organizations.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top