AV Deployment Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
AV Deployment Engineers at Facebook have a strong foundation in AV infrastructure and event space & studio technology as well as a proven track record of designing, implementing and deploying creative AV solutions. As Facebook's collaboration systems expand in both size and complexity, this position will actively participate in their deployment to ensure system and infrastructure reliability. The AV DE will implore best practices and detailed methodologies to improve workflow and performance. They will be involved both in driving the growth of internal collaboration technology and in improving the quality of existing AV systems used globally at Facebook.
You will be integrating complex sound systems, video production packages, theatrical lighting packages and state of the art display technologies supporting Facebookâ€™s Audio Visual, Video Conferencing, and web streaming experience.
You have strong Audio Visual technical competency and the ability to lead and influence across functional groups.
- Build awesome collaboration, presentation, and production environments for Facebook from specification and design through to completion.
- Collaborate with peers, users, managers, and internal & external partners to deliver superb AV solutions.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones and deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of future Events, Studio, Conference, and Specialty Spaces.
- Innovate and enhance reliability, functionality, and quality of AV systems.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience with typical event/theatre space technologies, broadcast AV, routing and control systems, production lighting, LED/LCD displays, projection systems, live streaming infrastructure, custom audio visual installations, video conferencing, etc.
- 3+ years experience using Computer Aided Drafting software.
- 3+ years experience troubleshooting AV, networking and computer systems.
- 5+ years experience in project management in enterprise organizations.
- 3+ years of new construction, retrofit construction/job site experience.
- Creative problem-solving, analytical skills, agile under pressure, and sound business judgment.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, successfully execute multiple projects.
- Detail oriented and ability to produce and deliver executive presentations, produce project status reports, and communicate deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Proven vision, leadership, and strategic skills in prioritizing evolving initiatives in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- Ability to translate ideas and capabilities into effective initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across several diverse technical and non-technical groups.
Back to top