Automation Specialist, Media Operations Integrity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of usâ€"and we're just getting started. The Media Operations team develops solutions for partners by creating scaled systems to address issues impacting their experiences with the suite of Facebook products. Within Media Operations, the Media Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between Media constituents and their followers. We do so by understanding the landscape, identifying and analyzing problems and trends, and executing scalable solutions. We partner with engineering and other integrity teams to drive solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of issues facing our constituents and how it affects Facebook, Instagram and our communities
- Implement effective anti-fraud automation to eliminate abuse based on identified risks
- Analyze and interpret data in order to devise hypotheses on how fraudulent and other nefarious activity is proliferating
- Requires contributing to Facebookâ€™s anti-abuse codebase
- Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and guide the teamâ€™s direction overall
- Proactively investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve sensitive escalations
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to Policy, Communications, Escalations, Spam and other operations teams to solve problems at scale.
- Please note that some weekend and holiday work will be required on a shift basis
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering, Economics or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience manipulating large data sets in SQL or equivalent.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl), statistical software (R, SAS, SPSS), or data visualization tool (Tableau).
- 2+ years of work experience in an abuse, investigations, consulting, or online operations environment
Back to top