Automation Software Engineer, Portal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. The Portal Core Platform team seeks a Software Engineer, Automation. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of automation using devices as part of CI/CD. The candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Design, develop and maintain the test automation system to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Work closely with adjacent teams to ensure that solutions are designed with scale/performance, stability, extensibility and operability in mind.
- Integrate unit and integration tests into the CI system by working closely with software engineering teams.
- Design, develop and maintain dashboards and tools to monitor test stability and report issues back to engineers.
- Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in manual testing.
- Physically set up devices, servers, networking, robots, etc. in the lab.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of experience in software automation and/or release engineering.
- Experience with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems like Git and Mercurial.
- Experience with Android Open Source Project and Android tools (ADB, Monkey, Memory Analyzer, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Experience in Python/PHP/HACK or similar languages, shell scripting, and Make.
- Experience in automation for consumer electronics.
Back to top