Automation Engineering Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Automation Engineering Manager will be an integral part of our advanced mechatronics group. She/he will lead a team of world class engineers in the investigation, prototyping, development, and deployment of highly specialized instruments used to measure, calibrate, and test our products in development and in manufacturing environments, establishing requirements with internal and external customers, identifying risks and associated mitigation plans while clearly communicating to program stakeholders. Projects are complex and require an experienced engineering manager who is a natural motivator, capable of building cross-functional relationships and championing their team to successfully deliver multiple projects in a fast-paced highly innovative environment.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of world class mechatronics/instrument development engineers.
- Build relationships internally and with partners to identify and develop new test, measurement and calibration technologies for virtual reality.
- Find opportunities to improve and optimize quality and throughput of measurement and test equipment.
- Ensure creation of project documentation, operating procedures, and failure analysis guides so that instrumentation and maintenance can be handed off to other teams.
- Collaborate with other Automation team groups to ensure efficient utilization of technology and team resources.
- Work with Technical Program Managers to identify and track project requirements, technical challenges, lead-times and risk mitigation plans.
- 10+ years of manufacturing test or calibration work experience related to consumer electronics.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- BS in Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience delivering innovative instrumentation and fixtures for test, calibration, and measurement solutions.
- Up to 30% travel (~20% international, 10% domestic).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top