(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is actively seeking talented systems hackers to help build and scale our rapidly evolving IT Infrastructure. We are looking for engineers passionate about software and automation with an aptitude for building scalable distributed systems. As a member of this small and growing team, you will be in charge of designing and implementing how we build, model, analyze and monitor Facebook’s corporate and IT infrastructure. In addition to software development, you will be collaborating with Infrastructure engineering teams to build better and more reliable systems across diverse areas such as datacenter services, virtualization, physical security, logistics, user device management, finance and information security. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Develop software platforms and tools to scale the Facebook IT infrastructure
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate infrastructure events
- Develop and maintain consistency within the IT infrastructure
- Work with datacenter virtualization software and server hardware
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes of infrastructure issues
- Be an active participant in infrastructure design decisions
- Actively seek out adoption and use-cases by partnering with our IT Infra and operations teams, as well as customers such as Finance, Security and Logistics
- Integrate and evaluate third party solutions to problems in the environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience working with monitoring, alerting or configuration management
- -Virtualization or block storage technologies (VMware, Docker, etc)
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, Oracle, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, SSH, DNS or SNMP
- Network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and network routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, VLANs, STP, HSRP, etc)
- Design and implementation of network management systems
- System administration experience in a Linux environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top