Automation Developer, Integrity
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 1.8 billion users.
Our Integrity team focuses on bringing innovative and scalable technical solutions to enhance the notice-and-takedown process by enforcing our policies against bad actors in the intellectual property space (e.g., repeat infringers and recidivism), through automation, abuse detection, and operational excellence.
The team is looking for an experienced professional who will be responsible for guiding the team's use of automation to solve problems as well as collaborating with various stakeholders at the company - including Legal, Operations, and Engineering - to build out Intellectual Property and Privacy Operations' strategy and systems for abuse detection. This role requires a strong analytical and technical mindset, experience coding automation, and an ability to work closely with partners of all disciplines. A successful candidate will be able to use these skills along with strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, and impeccable judgment to juggle multiple priorities and make impact in this critical area of our business.
- Create strategic plans that leverage technology to address Intellectual Property related abuse on the platform
- Use data and feedback to uncover trends in suspicious behavior, and implement effective countermeasures
- Deliver insights from data that drive business prioritization and automation efforts
- Collaborate with our Legal team and act as the voice of Intellectual Property operations to solve problems at scale
- Develop skills in a number of different areas including program management and subject matter expertise in Intellectual Property policies
- Manage projects to implement abuse detection tactics and systems to Intellectual Property workflows and to support policy enforcement at scale
- Serve as an expert consultant for teammates looking to leverage automation
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years experience in operations and project management
- 2+ years of programming experience
- 2+ years statistical analysis experience (SQL or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience leveraging automation for executing policy decisions
- 1+ years of experience in machine learning, predictive or descriptive analytics
- 1+ years of experience in at least one programming language (PHP, Python, Haskell)
- Interest in the intersection of legal guidance, policy and free speech on the Internet
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to explain complex technical issues to the less technically inclined
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top