Automation Developer, Community Operations
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a full-time team member to join the Tools & Infrastructure Team within Community Operations. Community Operations’ focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are passionate about solving people’s issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. This is your chance to work on the team that helps build tools and systems that ensure that people who use Facebook have the best possible experiences, and when they don’t, that they receive quality support. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starting, intellectually curious, and creative individual with a passion for solving difficult problems and comfort with ambiguity.
This role is based out of our Dublin office.
- Build and maintain the automation infrastructure that allows Community Operations to scale and support the billions of people using Facebook and Instagram.
- Develop automation policies and classifiers across a number of languages such as Haskell, PHP, and Python.
- Partner with engineering and operations teams to solve workflow problems by prioritizing and implementing comprehensive, data-driven automation improvements.
- Monitor automation quality and create alerts and dashboards to measure and analyze performance trends.
- Build strong relationships with an offsite manager and a global team.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Ability to work autonomously, set agendas and prioritize work with minimal input.
- Demonstrated problem-solving approach and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, to drive change, and to collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Passion for driving solutions for a global operational team.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top