Automation Developer, Community Operations
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a full-time team member to join the Tools & Infrastructure Team within Community Operations. Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are passionate about solving people's issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. This is your chance to work on the team that helps build tools and systems that ensure that people who use Facebook have the best possible experiences, and when they don't, that they receive quality support. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starting, intellectually curious, and creative individual with a passion for solving difficult problems and comfort with ambiguity.
This role is based out of our Austin, TX office.
- Build and maintain the automation infrastructure that allows Community Operations to scale and support the billions of people using Facebook and Instagram.
- Develop automation policies and classifiers across a number of languages such as Haskell, PHP, and Python.
- Partner with engineering and operations teams to solve workflow problems by prioritizing and implementing comprehensive, data-driven automation improvements.
- Monitor automation quality and create alerts and dashboards to measure and analyze performance trends.
- Build strong relationships with an offsite manager and a global team.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience in a technical environment
- 2+ years of programming experience (e.g. PHP, Java, SQL)
- Ability to work autonomously, set agendas and prioritize work with minimal input.
- Demonstrated problem-solving approach and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, to drive change, and to collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Knowledge in driving solutions for a global operational team.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top