Automated Malware Tooling
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Automated Malware Tools team is seeking an experienced security engineer to help keep our billion users safe from real world threats. You will build large, distributed security solutions that allow security teams from around the world to share data about real world threats via Facebook's platforms. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to protect our users but also help us share the goodness to make the internet a safer place for all.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily PHP/Hack, C/C++, and Python
- Implement file analysis and abuse detection systems to surface threats
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience building large-scale server applications
- Knowledge developing and debugging in PHP/Hack, C/C++ or Python
- Experience ensuring security and privacy on internet
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design and compilers
- Experience with malware TTPs and how attackers circumvent analysis systems
- Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top