Audio Technical Program Manager
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), we're developing the future of augmented and virtual reality. As an Audio Technical Program Manager in Audio Research, your job will be to partner with engineers and researchers to figure out what needs to be built and how to deliver it. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team building entirely new experiences which incorporate hardware design, new sensing technologies, computer vision, machine learning, and human/machine perception.You will work closely with internal Reality Labs and Facebook teams and leverage your program management experience to bring order and structure by listening carefully to the team's needs and optimizing program management tools that enable them to create compelling new experiences. You will provide scope definition strategies, communication strategies, team roles and responsibilities definitions, milestone definition and tracking tools, decision making tools, and risk mitigation plans. You will facilitate technical discussions ensuring clarity and focus while teasing out next steps to keep forward momentum towards solving key problems for end users. You will coordinate collaboration between internal and external teams as well as manage partner and vendor relationships.To be successful, you will need to eliminate barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating plans and results to stakeholders, and ensure that the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are highly curious, adaptable, tenacious, and resilient and they're eager to attack unfamiliar problems while using a light touch to help the team be more efficient and highly functional.
- Partner with program leads to define overall program strategies, goals, and structure.
- Work with research, applied research, and engineering teams to define and deliver high quality prototypes demonstrating key experiences for future products.
- Provide program scope, communication strategies, team roles and responsibilities, milestone definition and tracking, and risk mitigation plans - all custom tailored to fit the team and program.
- Ensure that the information the team needs is complete, current, accurate, and accessible.
- Provide key stakeholders with full visibility of the program progress and potential roadblocks.
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to fix them and manage risk.
- Coordinate communication between internal and external teams and partners.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Technical Program Managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of program management experience or equivalent in Product Development, Advanced Development, Applied Research, or Research delivering end-user facing products or product technologies.
- Curiosity about technologies and ways they can be used to deliver amazing experiences.
- Proven track record using leadership and facilitation skills to drive collaboration by delivering optimized program scope definitions, communications strategies, milestone definition and tracking tools, decision making tools, and risk mitigation plans.
- Vendor and partner relationship management experience including setting up effective contracts and communication channels.
- 5+ years' Research, SW engineering, or HW engineering professional experience or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Audio technology experience for consumer products, e.g. BT headsets, mobile phone, DSP algorithms, audio machine learning.
- Experience in shipping AR/VR or other consumer product or services.
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, software engineers and hardware engineers.
Back to top