Audio Software Engineer, Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks an Audio Software Engineer. The successful candidate will have good understanding of the software stack that handles Audio capture, Audio render, Audio pre/post processing in software or custom audio DSPs. The candidate will have strong communication and inter-personal skills. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Design, develop and test audio capture and render pipeline that may span across DSP and Host processor.
- Write custom audio SDKs, enhance android AOSP audio frameworks.
- Customize Audio HAL, write ALSA based audio drivers in kernel space along with low level knowledge of Audio DSP/Codec processing.
- Work closely with System Engineering Team, Hardware team, manufacturing partners and QA teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge in Audio capture or render pipeline for consumer electronics product.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded/mobile platforms.
- Knowledge in Android Audio Framework, Android Audio HAL, ALSA based Linux Audio drivers.
- Experience in full stack Android audio and knowledge in Android audio APIs in Java/native space.
- Experience with upstreaming audio changes to either Linux kernel or Android AOSP.
Back to top