Audio Quality Assurance Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Audio Quality Assurance Lead. You will be responsible for ensuring our sonic experiences are performing at their peak across a diverse number of platforms and devices. Candidates should have an enthusiasm and passion for managing complex projects, solving problems, exceptional attention for detail, and strong organizational skills. Candidates must be able to work autonomously as well as collaborate closely with team members, product groups, and support teams. Possess analytical, creative thinking, with proven ability to effectively distill and communicate complex details. Strong communication skills are essential to this role.
- Become intimately familiar with, and act as the source-of-truth for, the playback experiences of all sound within our apps.
- Manage QA coverage of multiple web, desktop, and mobile based projects.
- Plan, create, manage, refine, and maintain new and existing manual and automated test plans.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product Operations, Design, and support teams to remove roadblocks and ensure actionable bugs and regressions are caught quickly, triaged, assigned, and thoughtfully resolved.
- Track and communicate status updates to teams and stakeholders through daily, weekly, and quarterly reporting and dashboards.
- Ensure all states of release are performing as expected with respect to sound.
- Create, document, and communicate new and existing guidelines and standards for implementing and managing sound across our apps.
- 2 years or more of Quality Assurance experience in testing web, desktop or mobile applications.
- Experience creating, executing and refining QA programs.
- Ability to construct test cases and get them prioritized based on changes.
- Knowledge of test and tool development methodology.
- Ability to deliver, quality features and end-to-end experiences.
- Possess interpersonal & cross-functional communication skills.
- Experience testing audio
- Understanding of programing paradigms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top