Audio Engineer (Location: Shanghai, Shenzhen or Suzhou)
Oculus was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. Career at Oculus offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organisation.
Oculus brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance our mission of connecting the world. The team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Oculus seeks an Audio Engineer who has experience in defining and evaluating audio algorithms for productisation of complex consumer electronic devices.
- Be the primary liaison between the US based audio team and the Asia based JDM audio teams
- Consult with the US audio team during architecture definition to confirm JDM execution
- Support factory builds to ensure audio quality is being met and solve issues in real time
- Coordinate with US team to generate specifications to guarantee JDM and component vendorsâ€™ deliverables meet our requirements and that all testing to this effect is carried out
- Validate all aspects of the audio design though hands-on measurements and leveraging JDM partner resources
- Provide assistance for any audio related failure analysis in region
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of how end-to-end audio systems work including transducers, audio ICs, acoustics, embedded DSPs, algorithms, etc.
- Extensive experience with audio and acoustic test and measurement tools for engineering evaluation and factory testing
- 15+ years experience delivering consumer audio electronics to the market
- Demonstrated communication skills and experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions
Back to top