Audio Architecture Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks an Audio Architecture Lead who has experience in architecture and product realization of complex consumer electronics devices. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Drive the creation of realizable systems architectures incorporating advanced technology projects targeting the creation of next generation products
- Engage with technology project leads, and various component SMEs in creating the overall system architecture and platform as the starting point for product execution.
- Work in the theoretical space with an eye on the real world implementation experience
- Create proof of concepts
- Heavy involvement in the initial product realization and bring-up.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field
- Hands on systems and product engineering and architecture experience in the product life cycle from product definition to NPI and ramp
- Experience with consumer electronics products, mobile platforms with a concentration in audio subsystems
- Demonstrated experience creating audio platforms and pushing state of the art audio technology
- Experience in rapid prototyping
- Understanding of overall systems interactions of hardware, firmware, kernels, frameworks, network and systems in terms of audio latencies and interfaces.
- Understanding of industry standards for measurement audio quality.
- Experience with audio standard interfaces in the typical consumer platform (I2S, SoundWire, SLIMbus, PDM)
- Working knowledge across the following areas with experience in at least one:
- Communications: network impacts on latency, throughput, jitter and audio quality
- Natural Language processing
- Technologies such as beam forming and blind source separation
- Mic tuning, porting, and placement/topological strategies
- Speaker protection algorithms, calibration and system considerations
- DSP compute requirements for speech and audio processing
- ML as it relates to NLP and other audio processing
- Experience with generation mobile and consumer electronics chipset architectures and audio subsystem solutions.
- Android audio Framework/Architecture and system experience
- Experience in companies across industries
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top