Auction and Delivery Data Scientist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The massive scale and heavy engagement of the people using our products make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketers to build their brands. It also makes the platform an ideal place to conduct analyses and research to learn how to improve marketing in the new mobile world. The successful candidate will focus on investigating and understanding the current best practices for advertising on Facebook as well as inventing new strategies. The team is both theoretical and practical as we work with product engineers and with our top tier advertisers to build our understanding and to test ideas.
The ideal candidate for this data science focused position will be passionate about Facebook and Instagram and have worked in either Marketing or Advertising. Have a proven track record of analyzing and deriving insights from data. They would be intellectually curious, a great communicator, data-driven, a fast learner and able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects. Applicants should have a strong quantitative understanding, a strong data a talent for taking complex concepts and distilling them into clear accessible learnings.
This role is full-time and located at our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
- Apply analytical skills to complex quantitative problems, presenting actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Work closely with our Sales team & advertisers to derive deeper insights into delivery and scaling performance
- Develop deep understanding of the Auction, analyze current performance by targeting and objectives
- Identify levers for improving overall results across Facebook's ads auction
- Drive learnings on campaign optimization for large brand buyers
- Present polished findings and recommendations directly to advertisers and Sales teams
- Recommend product or positioning changes based on robust analysis of user and advertiser behavior
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or Finance)
- 3+ years of relevant analytics experience
- Experience inspiring action based on data-driven insights
- Experience communicating concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with and influencing in a cross-functional relationship
- Experience operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Experience with SQL and development experience in a scripting language such as Python
- Experience with experimental design and understanding of statistical data analysis (e.g. regression, probability)
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
Back to top