Associate General Counsel, Trademarks
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, experienced trademark lawyer to be responsible for trademark clearance and prosecution for all of the Facebook Companies. This is a full-time position and is located in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters, and will report to the Director and Associate General Counsel, IP, Head of Global Trademarks. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Primary responsibility for advising clients across the companies regarding naming for new products, services and features, and for developing protection strategies for new brands
- Primary responsibility for maintaining multiple valuable established and growth-phase brand portfolios, including Facebook, Instagram, Oculus, and WhatsApp
- Instruct, supervise and collaborate with outside counsel on trademark clearance and prosecution
- Design and collaborate on brand guidelines and outbound brand permissions
- Collaborate with senior trademark paralegal and contribute to the continuous development and improvement of trademark clearance and prosecution strategies and processes
- Assist with other trademark matters as necessary, including enforcement, litigation, and marketing content clearance
- 8+ years of relevant experience, from either in-house or at a law firm
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- Experience with international trademark clearance
- Experience managing international trademark portfolios and protecting brands
- Experience working with web, app, social networking, or internet companies
- Management experience
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top