Associate General Counsel, Thailand
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced, highly motivated attorney to join the APAC Legal team as Associate General Counsel, Thailand. In this role, you will work closely with colleagues across the global legal team as well as public policy, communications and sales to manage legal and regulatory risk in Thailand. This role requires the ability to work collaboratively while driving decision-making in a constantly evolving legal environment. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, good judgment and a proven track record of managing complex legal issues.
This is a full-time position based in Bangkok and will report to the Deputy Head of Legal, APAC.
- Work collaboratively with the global legal, public policy, communications and sales & marketing teams, to manage legal and regulatory matters in Thailand
- Help guide and drive legal decision-making, effectively balancing global objectives with local considerations
- Partner with public policy team on engagement with regulators and provide legal input on developing regulations in Thailand that could affect Facebook
- 10 or more years of relevant legal experience
- J.D. or L.L.B. degree
- Keen understanding of Thai internet laws
- Demonstrated experience advising clients on a wide variety of subject matter
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Thai and English language in both conversation and writing
- Exercise excellent judgment and provide practical solutions
- Open to travel as and when required
- Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation
- experience engaging with regulators is a plus
- prior in-house experience with technology companies preferred but not required
Back to top