Associate General Counsel, Security - India
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Associate General Counsel of Security for India. This is a unique opportunity to have regional and global impact while working on cutting edge and novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment across a range of complex regulatory, safety, security and user data issues. The role requires analytical skills, good judgment, strong work ethic and communication proficiency along with a keen interest in learning and working with new technologies and laws across jurisdictions. This position will be based in Gurgaon.
ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL, SECURITY - INDIA RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise the Law Enforcement Response team, based in the US and Ireland responding to governmental requests for user data.
- Develop and implement effective policies for processing legal requests and protecting user data.
- Guide and execute litigation strategy in relation to high-profile matters relating to data requests.
- Work closely with the company's safety and security teams to protect the people who use our service from abuse.
- Support legal and public policy teams' engagement with regulators and legislators on safety and security policy.
- Collaborate with members of Public Policy, Legal, Community Operations, Product, Engineering and others on safety and security matters.
- 12+ years of legal experience in a law firm and/or in house.
- Experience strategically managing and handling contentious, regional, litigation and regulatory matters.
- Previous experience providing guidance to providers in responding to law enforcement requests strongly preferred.
- Experience advising on international surveillance laws, including an understanding of data privacy laws, and its application to online platforms.
- Passion for and understanding of technology.
- Team player who enjoys building and maintaining cross-functional relationships and working with others.
- Ability to think strategically to solve legal challenges.
- Experience advising technology or telecommunication companies as in-house or outside counsel on regulatory, safety and security matters, data protection, investigations, policy or criminal process.
- Experience regionally on issues pertaining to data protection and analogous international laws.
- Experience providing guidance to providers in responding to law enforcement requests.
- Experience with Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty requests, Letters Rogatory, and other forms of international cooperation.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Associate General Counsel, Litigation - India
- Executive Assistant, Creative Shop
New York, NY
- FP&A Manager, Recruiting
San Francisco, CA
- KYC and Transaction Monitoring Strategy Manager
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Payments Compliance Regulatory Oversight Manager
Menlo Park, CA
- Treasury Manager
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top