Associate General Counsel, Regulatory
(Menlo Park, CA - Washington, DC)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a motivated, experienced attorney to work on Facebook's legal team. This position will focus on the company's regulatory docket in the United States, Canada, and more broadly relating to a diverse range of privacy, security, and consumer protection issues.
- Develop and implement strategy for resolving regulatory inquiries and investigations
- Represent the company in connection with regulatory inquiries and disputes, including supervision of outside counsel
- Collaborate with public policy and communications teams to develop and implement regulatory and policy strategy on important and breaking issues
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar
- 8+ years of experience, including at a law firm and/or in-house with experience representing companies in regulatory inquiries
- Experience with global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines
- Experience in consumer protection
- Experience working with web 2.0, social networking, and other Internet companies
- Demonstrated record of legal and business judgment and strategic thinking
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top