Associate General Counsel, Real Estate
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced real estate attorney to serve as Associate General Counsel, Real Estate in Facebook's Dublin based legal department. This full-time position will work closely with Facebook's Facilities and Infrastructure Teams and will report to the Director and Associate General Counsel (Real Estate). This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Support the Facilities Team with the expansion and maintenance of its portfolio of offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia
- Assist with the development and expansion of Facebook's data center campuses in Europe. This work will include supporting the purchase of real property, real estate due diligence, and the acquisition of entitlements
- Negotiate data center leases
- Support the Energy Team (within Infrastructure) with its initiatives including power purchase agreements, green energy opportunities, and involvement with applicable regulatory processes
- Closely manage and direct outside counsel
- Counsel the business teams on the above areas including strategy and planning, insurance requirements, tax and other incentives, and public policy issues
- Provide legal support for the broad array of agreements necessary to complete the design and construction of new offices and data centers (conceptual engineering phases through commissioning)
- Undergraduate degree and qualified to practice law in a European Member State (preferably Ireland or UK)
- 8+ years of experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex transactions (preferably on a global basis), including office leases, purchase and sale agreements, data center leases, data center development and associated technical infrastructure agreements, development incentive agreements, design/construction agreements, and energy agreements and performing real estate due diligence activities such as the review of title documents, surveys, and environmental reports
- Strong real estate drafting and negotiating skills along with excellent business judgment and the ability to think strategically
- Hardworking, well organized, and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top