Associate General Counsel, Product (eCommerce)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Associate General Counsel to support its growing efforts in the commerce space. This is a full-time position. You will be advising the company on e-commerce related initiatives and should be knowledgeable about privacy, product and regulatory frameworks relevant to digital commerce platforms. You will also work with Facebook's international teams and will advise on relevant global issues in consultation with local counsel. You will regularly meet with product teams and other cross-functional partners. Products that you will support include Marketplace, Buy & Sell Groups, and future e-commerce products in development.
- Advise broad cross-functional teams on a wide range of legal issues regarding existing and planned products
- Interact with and manage local outside counsel to secure and provide advice regarding international expansion of e-commerce products
- Prepare and maintain terms of service associated with e-commerce products
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one state bar
- 8+ years of legal experience, including in-house experience with internet or technology companies and/or working at a law firm
- Experience advising business teams on product issues
- Experience with e-commerce technology products, either through the lens of an online retailer or a platform
- Legal judgment and strategic thinking experience, along with experience working independently and cross-functionally
- Experience working when necessary to advise on deadlines set by product teams
Back to top