Associate General Counsel, Litigation
(Mumbai, India - New Delhi, India)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Associate General Counsel, Litigation for the APAC region. You will manage significant and complex litigation matters and advise internal teams on legal risks. The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, and a keen interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in fast-paced, fun environment. This is a full-time position based in Mumbai or New Delhi, and will report to counsel based in Menlo Park, California.
- Supervise and direct outside counsel on multiple litigation matters
- Provide support to internal teams on legal requests related to third-party content
- Work with cross-functional teams on data protection, policy, platform/partnership, product, and regulatory issues
- Develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes
- Ensure work product of the highest quality that furthers Facebook's strategic goals
- LLB, JD or equivalent degree and excellent academic credentials
- Minimum of 8+ years experience at a law firm or in-house or working in a senior counsel's office as a litigator
- Familiarity with Internet laws and issues, including issues relating to online platforms and intermediary liability
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and make sound judgments under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Open to travel as and when required
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to work on projects in other areas
- Passion for technology and innovation
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top